Learning Chances focuses on access to further, adult and third level education. The Partnership works with key stakeholders to increase engagement in lifelong learning opportunities and make them more relevant and accessible to people from different backgrounds.
Adult and Community Education
We give advice and assistance to community and voluntary organisations involved in education and training. Some of the areas we provide support in are:
- Technical, administrative and educational expertise in relation to education
- Funding channels
- Building partnerships with statutory and other providers
- Quality assurance, accreditation and certification issues
- Promotion of the role of the sector in supporting outreach and referral to the statutory sector
- Professional development of people working in Adult and Community Education
The Educational Information and Advice Service of Dodder Valley Partnership gives information and advice to adults interested in returning to education and learning. The service is both given on a one to one and a group basis, as required. We offer:
- Information on a range of educational opportunities
- Advice and guidance on the most suitable options
- Help with study skills
- Outline the various education grants available
- Understanding and recognition of foreign qualifications
Talent is a multi sector practitioner’s network. It aims to foster a culture of lifelong learning in Tallaght and has the following objectives:
- To promote and celebrate adult learning
- To provide opportunities for learners to access information relating to adult education
- To facilitate networking opportunities for providers of adult education
Talent facilitates, through avenues such as fairs, seminars and workshops, the exchange and dissemination of information and practice in relation to adult and community education and to encourage continuing education and lifelong learning between practitioners and providers. By promoting collaboration and innovation between providers and practitioners, Talent aims to support and encourage a socially inclusive framework for lifelong learning, challenging exclusion and fostering full participation.
Members of TALENT: Dodder Valley Partnership, County Dublin VEC, South Dublin County Council, An Cosán and IT Tallaght. New members are always welcome. See for more information: www.talent.ie
For further information contact Deborah Brock at 01 4664233.